All bookings are made with Dookma.com. By booking a trip with us you are deemed to have agreed to these Booking Conditions (which constitutes the entire agreement between you and us) and your booking will be accepted by us on this basis. The services to be provided are those referred to in your booking confirmation invoice.
The Company must confirm acceptance of the Client's booking online.
- You will be required at the time of booking to pay us a non-refundable deposit, typically 20% of the quoted holiday price.
- Full payment of the tour price is due 60 days before the departure date of the first service booked. If full payment is not received by the due date, then rates and tour space cannot be guaranteed.
- If you are making a late booking, a full amount is payable at the time the booking is confirmed. If it’s paid at the time the booking is confirmed then we will treat the booking as cancelled by you and you will be liable to pay our cancellation charges.
- Tailor Made Trips require full payment at the time of booking. If full payment is different to that outlined in this clause, the requirement will be advised at time of booking and detailed on the invoice.
- Client Details: In order for the Company to confirm and guarantee the Client's travel arrangements, the Client must provide all Client Details with their full payment. In the event where client details have not been received by the Company 30 days prior to the Client's trip departure, the Company reserves the right to treat the file as cancelled and full cancellation fees will apply.
- Client Details required will vary tour by tour, and will be advised during the booking process.
- However, at a minimum Client Details include passport number, passport expiry date, passport issue date and place of issuance, completed medical form, full name as it appears in the passport you are travelling with, date of birth, place of birth, nationality and arrival details (or other documents as requested by Dookma).
- A booking may not be confirmed without provision of Client Details. Credit Card Charges: The Company is not responsible for any charges applied to credit card transactions and will not refund or return any fees charged by third parties and incurred during the transaction of the tour cost.
Cancellation By Clients:
Any cancellation by a Client must be made in writing and be acknowledged by the Company in writing. The date on which the request to cancel is received by the Company will determine the cancellation fees applicable. The cancellation fees are expressed hereafter as a percentage of the total tour price, excluding insurance.
Cancellation – Tours & Sightseeing
- 30+ days prior to trip departure - Full Refund
- Between 10 and 30 days prior to trip departure - Charged 30% of total booking price
- Between 0 and 7 days prior to trip departure - No Refund
Cancellation – Mountain Flight & helicopter tour
- 90+ days prior to trip departure - Full Refund
- Between 30 and 90 days prior to trip departure - Charged 30% of total booking price
- Between 10 and 30 days prior to trip departure - Charged 70% of total booking price
Cancellation - Trekking & Hiking
- 90+ days prior to trek departure - Full Refund
- Between 30 and 90 days prior to trip departure - Charged 30% of total booking price
- Between 0 and 29 days prior to trek departure - No Refund
Cancellation By Us:
The Company reserves the right to cancel any trip for any reason (Force Majeure), like unusual or unforeseen circumstances outside the Company's control but will not cancel a tour less than 30 days before departure. When a tour is cancelled by the Company before departure, we will offer you the choice of the following options:-
- If you fail to pay the balance of the holiday price at least 30 days before departure, the Company will treat the booking as cancelled and levy the cancellation charges.
- Purchasing an alternative trip from us, of a similar standard to that originally booked if available. We will offer you at least one alternative trip of equivalent or higher standard for which you will not be asked to pay any more than the price of the original trip. If this trip is in fact cheaper than the original one, we will refund the price difference.
- If you do not wish to accept the trip we specifically offer you, you may choose any of our other then available trips but you must pay the applicable price of any such trip. This will mean you paying more if it is more expensive or receiving a refund if it is cheaper; or
- Cancelling or accepting the cancellation in which case you will receive a full refund of all monies you have paid to us.
Please note, the above options are not available where any change made is a minor one.
If we have to make a significant change or cancel we will, where appropriate, pay you the reasonable compensation depending on the circumstances and when the significant change or cancellation is notified to you subject to the following exceptions. Compensation will not be payable and no liability beyond offering the above mentioned choices can be accepted where:
- We are forced to make a change or cancel as a result of unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control such as force majeure, the consequences of which we could not have avoided even with all due care; or
- Where applicable, we have to cancel because the minimum number of bookings necessary for us to operate your trip has not been reached (see above).
No compensation will be payable and the above options will not be available if we cancel as a result of your failure to comply with any requirement of these booking conditions entitling us to cancel (such as paying on time) or where a change is a minor one.
Very rarely, we may be forced by "force majeure" to change or terminate your trip after departure but before the scheduled end of your time away. If this situation does occur, we regret we will be unable to make any refunds (unless we obtain any refunds from our suppliers), pay you any compensation or meet any costs or expenses you incur as a result.
Changes to your confirmed trip can be considered depending on practicalities and availability, but there might be a cost associated with these changes. We do not charge an amendment fee for doing so and will only pass on any extra costs involved in providing additional or alternative services which are incurred or imposed by any of our suppliers.
A change of holiday dates will normally be treated as a cancellation of the original booking and rebooking in which case cancellation charges will apply. Changes may result in the recalculation of the holiday price where, for example, the basis on which the price of the original holiday was calculated has changed.
Our Prices & Surcharges:
Our trip prices are subject to variable and seasonal pricing, both of which are standard practice within the travel industry. This means our trip prices may vary at any time in accordance with demand, market conditions and availability.
- It is likely that different passengers on the same trip have been charged different prices. Your best option if you like the price you see is to book at that time.
- Once you have received a quote the price will be locked in provided you pay the required deposit prior to the quote’s expiry.
- Any reduced pricing or discounts that may become available after you have paid your deposit will not apply. If you wish to cancel your booking to take advantage of a cheaper price, full cancellation conditions apply.
- The most up to date pricing is available on our website. Prices are based on currency exchange rates as of June 2020; note that prices may vary depending on which currency the booking is made.
It is essential and mandatory that all Clients obtain travel insurance that cover for your trip including any adventurous activities such as trekking at altitude. Note that the majority of our trips do not require the use of climbing ropes and are all supervised. It is important to have adequate insurance which will cover cancellation costs from the date of booking as well as medical expenses (including evacuation and repatriation).
If a Client has a complaint against the Company, the Client must contact the Company representative whilst on tour in order that the Company is provided the opportunity to rectify the matter. Failure to indicate dissatisfaction whilst on tour will reduce or extinguish the Client’s ability to claim compensation from the Company.
If satisfaction is still not reached through these means while the Client remains on the tour, any further complaint must be put in writing to the Company, via its Agents or directly to head office at email@example.com, within 30 days of the end of the tour. If you fail to take any of these steps you will hinder the Company’s ability to put any problem right and/or investigate it fully and any right you have to receive compensation will be reduced or completely invalidated.