Upper Mustang, being in the Himalayan rain shadow, is one of the regions in the nation appropriate for trekking notwithstanding during storms. During this time, the upper Kali Gandaki valley is still very dry with only occasional rainfall.
The Mustang trek isn't particularly troublesome, the most elevated point came to being just 3,800 meters, yet the conditions on occasion can be exhausting. Mustang is cold in winter and is constantly blustery and dusty through the year. Winter treks are best kept away from due to harsh weather.
There are few accommodation facilities accessible above Kagbeni, so groups must be completely independent, particularly in fuel. While Porter is accessible in Jomsom it is desirable over go through donkeys to convey the loads up to Mustang. These pack creatures are accessible locally and are increasingly efficient, and certainly more environmentally friendly than porters.
Activities that can be done in Upper Mustang
- Walk through Jomsom
- Explore Marpha – The town of Apple Orchards
- Visit old settlement and religious community of Kagbeni
- Explore stunning divider and sky collapses Chhusang
- Walk past the Deepest Gorge
- Witness the Nepali Grand Canyon from Chele
- Trekking and Hiking
- Upper Mustang jeep Safari visit
- Horse riding voyage through Upper Mustang
- Visit religious community and Chorten
- Discover Lo Manthang City, Monastery, and Royals