4 Days Chisapani Hiking Tour Highlights
- Hike through Shivapuri National park
- Experience ethnic Tamang villages and Buddhist culture
- Panoramic mountain views of Ganesh Himal, Langtang, Gauri-Shankar, Everest and other peaks
- Stunning sunrise & sunset view
- Visit the cultural world heritage sites in Kathmandu.
About the 4 Days Chisapani Hiking Tour
Chisapani hiking is one of the best short trekking trails in Nepal. It is easy and short hike or trek, best for those who don’t have enough time for long and adventure trekking. The hike from Sundarijal to Chisapani starts from Sundarijal which is one hour’s drive from Kathmandu. The Sundarijal Chisapani Trek passes through the Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park and beautiful Tamang village of Mulkharka 1800m. From Mulkharka you can enjoy the view of Kathmandu valley. The hike continues through the forest walking to reach Chisapani Hill 2140m.
Brief Itinerary: 4 Days Chisapani Hiking Tour
Itinerary: 4 Days Chisapani Hiking Tour
Day 1 - Welcome to Kathmandu
After your arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport, our representatives will be there to receive you and transfer you to the Hotel. An evening dinner is hosted in the hotel itself and a briefing will be done to get a more in-depth idea about the trek.
Day 2 - Sightseeing in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu has a lot to offer, being a religious tolerant headquarters of the nation you can find cultural diversity and harmony amongst people of varying backgrounds. This city is well known for its rich history, culture and architecture offering many temples sprouting across the city of a different culture, belief, and design.
- We will visit the three prominent UNESCO world heritage sights on this day starting with Boudhanath temple, a sacred sanctuary that preaches Buddhism. The light yellow splattered in the dome-shaped temple is draped in colorful prayer flags and filled with peaceful chants from devotees. You can make rounds by turning the circular mani walls in a clockwise direction as a form of worship.
- Pashupatinath temple dedicated to the Hindu deity Lord Shiva. The temple is a pagoda-style and hundreds of Hindu devotees worshipping the temple will give you more insight on Hinduism. You can observe the cremation ceremony from across the holy river as non- Hindus are prohibited to enter the temple. It will give you an idea about the typical Hindu ritual prevalent in the country.
- Our next stopover will be at Patan Durbar Square where we will also be enjoying our lunch overlooking one of the oldest and finest historical palaces of the Malla Kings in the past. This city of art preserves old relics and craftsmanship that are centuries old and you will visit the Patan museum which tells you more stories about the history and belief itself. After this, we will take you back to the Hotel.
Day 3 - Drive to Sundarijal & Hike to Chisapani
After the breakfast in the hotel we will drive about 45 minutes to Sundarijal. The hike starts from the Sundarijal waterfall that goes towards the Shivapuri National Park. We will pass across Tamang settlements (Mulkharka), cultivation, beautiful landscapes and awesome rhododendron flower. Further walking for approx 5 hours after Mulkhara will reach us to Chisopani. Overnight in lodge.
Day 4 - Enjoy sunrise & hike down to Kathmandu
Today will be the special day as we wake up early in the morning to enjoy the sunrise above mountains. Capture the moment & enjoy the sunrise for a while. Afterward we will have our breakfast and start our day hiking back to Kathmandu. It takes about 4-5 hour of hike down to Sunjarlijal where we had started. From Sundarijal we will drive to Kathmandu and check into a hotel. Overnight at hotel.
Airport pickup and drop off services
All accommodation during the trek (in lodges and guesthouses)
Two way private transportation between hotel & TIA Airport
Shivapuri National Park Permit
Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) card fee
All government, Local taxes and official Expenses
A highly experienced, English-speaking trekking guide (8 or above trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and porter to help trekkers luggage. (2 trekkers:1 porter "9 kg per trekker max limit")
Coverage of Guides and Porters, Their meals, insurance, salary, lodging, transportation, flight and other necessary equipment
Use of a sleeping bag, down jacket and a duffel bag (in case you don't have them). They have to be returned after the trek.
A first aid kit and basic supplies appropriate for the group size. In a worst case scenario, arrangements of an emergency helicopter evacuation service (to be paid for by your travel insurance). Note: if you require or are taking specific medications it is critical that you discuss this with us prior to your trip departure
Farewell Dinner at the end of the trek
Note: The local tea houses are basic but clean and they do not often have attached bathrooms or hot showers. The price is based on twin share and does not include any extra charge that lodge owners may levy for single rooms, attached bathrooms or hot showers (if these facilities are available) or for battery charging. We can’t know in advance what they may charge for such things in the different lodges along the way, so we prefer to leave this cost out, rather than pass along an estimated charge to you.
International flights to and from Kathmandu; Nepal visa fees and international airport taxes; any excess baggage charges
Comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation and emergency rescue / evacuation that covers all of the activities you will undertake during your trip should this be required for any reason (we require this as the minimum insurance cover)
Services and activities not mentioned in the detailed itinerary above (eg additional nights, optional trips and sightseeing tours)
Additional costs or delays caused by out of management control, for example, landslide, weather condition, itinerary modification due to safety concerns, illness, change of government policies, strikes etc.
Excess baggage charges (Limit is 9kg per Person)
Any gear or equipment that you may need to rent/buy - please ask us if you would like any advice about gear to bring/buy/rent
Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu due to early arrival or late departure, early return from the trek.
Personal expense (shopping, snacks, boil bottle water, hot and cold drinks, hot shower, Alcohol, Wi-Fi, telephone call, battery re-charge fee), extra porters etc
Personal clothing and gear
All Accommodation and meals in Kathmandu, before and after we start our journey
Travel insurance which has to cover emergency high-altitude rescue and evacuation compulsory
Personal expenses (eg mineral water/soft drinks/bar bills, entrance/photography fees at monasteries, laundry, telephone calls, postage, donations, extra snacks etc)
Costs incurred due to unforeseen events (eg caused by natural disasters, adverse road conditions / flight delays, labour strikes, fuel shortages, extreme exchange rate changes, etc)
Any extra charge that tea house owners may levy for single rooms, attached bathrooms, or hot showers (if these facilities are available) and charging of batteries
Tips for the guide, and porter (if you have added a porter to help you carry your backpack)
All the costs and expenses which are not listed in "cost includes" will be counted as Excludes
Best Season/Time for 4 Days 3 Night Chisapani Hiking
Chisapani hiking is feasible throughout the year as it's a year around season trip. But Autumn (September, October & November) is considered as the best season for hiking to Chisapani. Also September to November is a peak tourist time & also a festive season which allows tourists to get familiar with Nepal culture.
Packing list / Equipment checklist
List of Equipment for 4 Days 3 Night Chisapani Hiking
It is recommended to carry the basic clothing and accessories needed for the trek. The following belongings are suggested that should be brought, although we understand that our clients have their own preference for clothing, we have listed some useful clothing during the trek. Porters will be carrying the main luggage which should not exceed more than 18kg (one porter will carry two people's luggage, 9 kg for each).
- Headband or Beanie
- Neck Gaiter or Balaclava
- Hat for Sun Protection
- Inner Gloves
- Outer insulated gloves
- Base Layer
- Insulated Jacket
- Outer Layer
- Trekking Shirts/T-Shirt
- Fleece Jacket
- Hard Shell Jacket and Rain Gear
- Base Layer
- Trekking trousers and shorts
- Rain and Windproof Trousers
- Hiking Boots
- Trekking shoes/sandals
- Hiking/Thermal Socks
- Gaiters (not necessary)
- Sleeping bag
Bags and Backpacks
- Duffle bag
Miscellaneous & Accessories
- Trekking Poles
- Head Torch
- Sunscreen/Lip balm/Wipes/Hand Sanitizer/Toiletries
- Reusable Water Bottle or Hydration Bladder
- Small Locks
- Trekking Towel
- Waterproof Ziplock Bags
- Camera/Video Camera/Extra Batteries/ Extra Chargers
- Notebook/Journal and Pen (optional)
- Playing Cards/Book/Kindle (optional)
- Water Purification Tablets
- General Medications
- Basic First Aid Kit
- Blister Plasters
- Durable wallet for travel documents, money & passport
- Favourite snack foods (No more than 2 pounds)
During the hike and stay in Kathmandu you will be given a standard hotel with western style amenities. You can customize your stay during this trip.
Documents & Permits needed for 4 Days 3 Night Chisapani Hiking
Shivapuri National Park Entrance Fee
- Hiking to Chisapani passes through Shivapuri National Park which required a minimal permit amount of $5 excluding VAT per person.
- Rates are in US dollars
- Prices are valid for your specified time of travel only
- This is only an offer and no reservations have been confirmed
- Prices are subject to availability
- Best Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Special Discount on Group
Need to customize a package?
Tell us what you are looking for
Why Choose Dookma?
Best & Leisure tour packages
Handcrafted best tour destination
1000+ travel experiences
Hassle free booking & cancellation