5 Days Chisapani Nagarkot Trek Highlights
- Hike through Shivapuri National park
- Experience ethnic Tamang villages and Buddhist culture
- Panoramic mountain views of Ganesh Himal, Langtang, Gauri-Shankar, Everest and other peaks
- Stunning sunrise & sunset view
- Visit the cultural world heritage sites in Kathmandu.
About the 5 Days Chisapani Nagarkot Trek
Chisapani Nagarkot Trekking offers a richness of culture, tradition and natural diversity, starting from the Sundarijal which is an hour drive from Kathmandu city. The trail goes through the Shivapuri National Park and drinking water supply dam then to the Mulkharka villages and again oak and rhododendron forest. Chisapani has a mind-blowing sunset and sunrise over the panoramic Himalayas (from Dhaulagiri in the West to Mount Everest and Kanchenjunga in the Far East) overlooking the mountains.
The trail from Chisapani to Nagarkot is gradual and easy through small settlements and welcoming locals before reaching Nagarkot. The Nagarkot Village is on the edge of the valley and offers superb views of the mountains as well as Kathmandu valley. Early sunrise view at Nagarkot is the most mesmerising.
On the final day of trekking we will walk down through the village with different community along a ridge & reach the UNESCO heritage temple Changu Narayan and Bhaktapur durbar square.
Brief Itinerary: 5 Days Chisapani Nagarkot Trek
Itinerary: 5 Days Chisapani Nagarkot Trek
Day 1 - Welcome to Kathmandu
After your arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport, our representatives will be there to receive you and transfer you to the Hotel. An evening dinner is hosted in the hotel itself and a briefing will be done to get a more in-depth idea about the trek.
Day 2 - Sightseeing in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu has a lot to offer, being a religious tolerant headquarters of the nation you can find cultural diversity and harmony amongst people of varying backgrounds. This city is well known for its rich history, culture and architecture offering many temples sprouting across the city of a different culture, belief, and design.
- We will visit the three prominent UNESCO world heritage sights on this day starting with Boudhanath temple, a sacred sanctuary that preaches Buddhism. The light yellow splattered in the dome-shaped temple is draped in colorful prayer flags and filled with peaceful chants from devotees. You can make rounds by turning the circular mani walls in a clockwise direction as a form of worship.
- Pashupatinath temple dedicated to the Hindu deity Lord Shiva. The temple is a pagoda-style and hundreds of Hindu devotees worshipping the temple will give you more insight on Hinduism. You can observe the cremation ceremony from across the holy river as non- Hindus are prohibited to enter the temple. It will give you an idea about the typical Hindu ritual prevalent in the country.
- Our next stopover will be at Patan Durbar Square where we will also be enjoying our lunch overlooking one of the oldest and finest historical palaces of the Malla Kings in the past. This city of art preserves old relics and craftsmanship that are centuries old and you will visit the Patan museum which tells you more stories about the history and belief itself. After this, we will take you back to the Hotel.
Day 3 - Drive to Sundarijal & Hike to Chisapani
After the breakfast in the hotel we will drive about 45 minutes to Sundarijal. The hike starts from the Sundarijal waterfall that goes towards the Shivapuri National Park. We will pass across Tamang settlements (Mulkharka), cultivation, beautiful landscapes and awesome rhododendron flower. Further walking for approx 5 hours after Mulkhara will reach us to Chisopani. Overnight in lodge.
Day 4 - Sunrise view from Chisapai & hike to Nagarkot
We wake up early in the morning to experience pleasant sunrise over the Himalayas stretching in the horizon. After breakfast, we begin our approx. six to seven hours trek to Nagarkot which passes mostly through the dense forest. After a three hours walk from Chisapani, we reach Chauki Bhanjyang and take a rest for lunch. After a final uphill walk we reach Nagarkot (2200 meter), a hill station & enjoy the most beautiful sunset and sunrise along with the view of Himalayas and unmatched scenery.
Day 5 - Nagarkot - Changunarayan - Bhaktapur
Today is a relatively easy trek; our morning starts with the enchanting sunrise view over the Himalayas. After breakfast we will start our trek with steep descent and head towards our next destination, an ancient temple of Changunarayan. After exploring this ancient temple, we shall drive back to Kathmandu. Stay overnight in Kathmandu.
Airport pickup and drop off services
All accommodation during the trek (in lodges and guesthouses)
Two way private transportation between hotel & TIA Airport
Shivapuri National Park Permit
Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) card fee
All government, Local taxes and official Expenses
A highly experienced, English-speaking trekking guide (8 or above trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and porter to help trekkers luggage. (2 trekkers:1 porter "9 kg per trekker max limit")
Coverage of Guides and Porters, Their meals, insurance, salary, lodging, transportation, flight and other necessary equipment
Use of a sleeping bag, down jacket and a duffel bag (in case you don't have them). They have to be returned after the trek.
A first aid kit and basic supplies appropriate for the group size. In a worst case scenario, arrangements of an emergency helicopter evacuation service (to be paid for by your travel insurance). Note: if you require or are taking specific medications it is critical that you discuss this with us prior to your trip departure
Farewell Dinner at the end of the trek
International flights to and from Kathmandu; Nepal visa fees and international airport taxes; any excess baggage charges
Comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation and emergency rescue / evacuation that covers all of the activities you will undertake during your trip should this be required for any reason (we require this as the minimum insurance cover)
Services and activities not mentioned in the detailed itinerary above (eg additional nights, optional trips and sightseeing tours)
Additional costs or delays caused by out of management control, for example, landslide, weather condition, itinerary modification due to safety concerns, illness, change of government policies, strikes etc.
Excess baggage charges (Limit is 9kg per Person)
Any gear or equipment that you may need to rent/buy - please ask us if you would like any advice about gear to bring/buy/rent
Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu due to early arrival or late departure, early return from the trek.
Personal expense (shopping, snacks, boil bottle water, hot and cold drinks, hot shower, Alcohol, Wi-Fi, telephone call, battery re-charge fee), extra porters etc
Personal clothing and gear
All Accommodation and meals in Kathmandu, before and after we start our journey
Travel insurance which has to cover emergency high-altitude rescue and evacuation compulsory
Personal expenses (eg mineral water/soft drinks/bar bills, entrance/photography fees at monasteries, laundry, telephone calls, postage, donations, extra snacks etc)
Costs incurred due to unforeseen events (eg caused by natural disasters, adverse road conditions / flight delays, labour strikes, fuel shortages, extreme exchange rate changes, etc)
Any extra charge that tea house owners may levy for single rooms, attached bathrooms, or hot showers (if these facilities are available) and charging of batteries
Tips for the guide, and porter (if you have added a porter to help you carry your backpack)
All the costs and expenses which are not listed in "cost includes" will be counted as Excludes
Best Season/Time for 5 Days 4 Night Chisapani Nagarkot Trek
The Chisapani Nagarkot Hiking is feasible and can be done throughout the year. We at Dookma organize this short and sweet hike any time of the year. We will be pleased to assist you anytime with your own time and references. But Autumn (September, October & November) is considered as the best season for hiking to Chisapani. Also September to November is a peak tourist time & also a festive season which allows tourists to get familiar with Nepal culture.
Packing list / Equipment checklist
List of Equipment for 5 Days 4 Night Chisapani Nagarkot Trek
It is recommended to carry the basic clothing and accessories needed for the trek. The following belongings are suggested that should be brought, although we understand that our clients have their own preference for clothing, we have listed some useful clothing during the trek. Porters will be carrying the main luggage which should not exceed more than 18kg (one porter will carry two people's luggage, 9 kg for each).
- Headband or Beanie
- Neck Gaiter or Balaclava
- Hat for Sun Protection
- Inner Gloves
- Outer insulated gloves
- Base Layer
- Insulated Jacket
- Outer Layer
- Trekking Shirts/T-Shirt
- Fleece Jacket
- Hard Shell Jacket and Rain Gear
- Base Layer
- Trekking trousers and shorts
- Rain and Windproof Trousers
- Hiking Boots
- Trekking shoes/sandals
- Hiking/Thermal Socks
- Gaiters (not necessary)
- Sleeping bag
Bags and Backpacks
- Duffle bag
Miscellaneous & Accessories
- Trekking Poles
- Head Torch
- Sunscreen/Lip balm/Wipes/Hand Sanitizer/Toiletries
- Reusable Water Bottle or Hydration Bladder
- Small Locks
- Trekking Towel
- Waterproof Ziplock Bags
- Camera/Video Camera/Extra Batteries/ Extra Chargers
- Notebook/Journal and Pen (optional)
- Playing Cards/Book/Kindle (optional)
- Water Purification Tablets
- General Medications
- Basic First Aid Kit
- Blister Plasters
- Durable wallet for travel documents, money & passport
- Favourite snack foods (No more than 2 pounds)
During the hike and stay in Kathmandu you will be given a standard hotel with western style amenities. You can customize your stay during this trip.
Documents & Permits needed for 5 Days 4 Night Chisapani Nagarkot Trek
Shivapuri National Park Entrance Fee
- Hiking to Chisapani passes through Shivapuri National Park which required a minimal permit amount of $5 excluding VAT per person.
- Rates are in US dollars
- Prices are valid for your specified time of travel only
- This is only an offer and no reservations have been confirmed
- Prices are subject to availability
- Best Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Special Discount on Group
Need to customize a package?
Tell us what you are looking for
Why Choose Dookma?
Best & Leisure tour packages
Handcrafted best tour destination
1000+ travel experiences
Hassle free booking & cancellation