Private Full Day Kathmandu City Tour Highlights
- Private full-day tour around Kathmandu City
- Explore the world heritage site
- Experience the mixture of Art, history and culture of Kathmandu city.
- Buddhist pilgrimage sites of Boudhanath Stupa and Swayambhunath Stupa in Kathmandu valley
- Explore the Hindu temple at Pashupatinath and watch out the Hindu cremation
About the Private Full Day Kathmandu City Tour
Kathmandu city tour in Nepal is the most admired trip by the tourists who visit Nepal. The city of Kathmandu is considered the ‘city of temples’ and with so many temples, shrines and monasteries located inside the city, sightseeing around Kathmandu is an interesting experience. All the sightseeing places mentioned below carry historical importance and give a clear picture to understand Nepali culture, customs and History.
Brief Itinerary: Private Full Day Kathmandu City Tour
Itinerary: Private Full Day Kathmandu City Tour
Day 1 - Picked up from Hotel & sightseeing around Kathmandu City
After breakfast we will take you for a historical and heritage tour of Kathmandu city. A full day sightseeing today in Kathmandu takes you to the amazing heritage sites.
- Swayambhunath popularly known as the monkey temple is situated in the hilltop of Kathmandu. From here you could enjoy the view of the entire Kathmandu valley. This is one of the famous Buddhist religious sites. The main attraction of this place is the world peace pond, Swayambhu Mahachaitya, stupas, Haratima temple. You could enjoy monkey activities in this place.
- Boudha Stupa dominates the skyline and is considered as the biggest Buddhist Stupa in the world which lies in the middle of a beautiful square. Boudha Stupa is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The giant Buddhist shrine is a very important pilgrimage site for Tibetan Buddhist people. The stupa is considered to have been built in the 4th/5th centuries and carries some interesting stories behind its establishment.
- Pashupatinath is a Hindu Temple area where you can see a very unique cremation culture for the Hindu dead people. The temple which is considered as the most important Shiva temple in Nepal is open for Hindus only thus non-Hindu people have to stay outside the temple premises observing the Hindu death rites and rituals. We can encounter some Sadhus, the holy men, around who look so fascinating for photographs. The place is a rich spiritual and cultural source to have an insight on Nepali life and rituals.
Kathmandu Durbar Square
- Kathmandu Durbar Square is one of three Durbar (royal palace) Squares in the Kathmandu Valley in Nepal, all of which are UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Kathmandu Durbar Square reminds the history of Malla and Shah kings who ruled over the city. Along with these palaces, the square surrounds hindu temples, Pagoda style palace i.e. Kumari temple, Gaddi Baithak, Kasthamandap, Black Bhairav statue, Nasal Chowk, Basantapur Dabali and Taleju Temple.
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Air-conditioned private transportation.
All government, Local taxes and official Expenses
Food and drinks
Tips for the guide & driver
Entrance fees to visit UNESCO sites ( Approx 2600.00 NPR per person)
Entry/Admission - Swayambhunath Temple
Entry/Admission - Boudhanath Stupa
Entry/Admission - Pashupatinath Temple
Entry/Admission - Durbar (Central) Square
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Best Season/Time for Private Full Day Kathmandu City Tour
Kathmandu sightseeing can be done throughout the year as it's year around season trip. But Autumn (September, October & November) is considered as the best time to visit in Kathmandu & overall Nepal. Also September to November is a peak tourist time & also a festive season which allows tourists to get familiar with Nepal culture.
List of Equipment for Private Full Day Kathmandu City Tour
- Warm clothes and comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Documents for Private Full Day Kathmandu City Tour
A sightseeing doesn’t require any documents or permits. But it's necessary to carry valid passport on the day of travel
- Best Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Special Discount on Group
Need to customize a package?
Tell us what you are looking for
Why Choose Dookma?
Best & Leisure tour packages
Handcrafted best tour destination
1000+ travel experiences
Hassle free booking & cancellation