5 Days Chitwan Kathmandu Tour Highlights
- Private full-day tour around Kathmandu City
- Explore world heritage site
- Experience the mixture of Art, history and culture of Kathmandu city.
- Jungle activities such as canoe ride, elephant ride, elephant breeding, village tour and many more.
- Mingle with the local people and learn about their culture and lifestyle.
About the 5 Days Chitwan Kathmandu Tour
Starting from Kathmandu, we will take you to some of the most famous UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Kathmandu.These sites showcase Kathmandu’s rich cultural heritage such as its architectural marvels and the ancient Hindu and Buddhist relics.
We end our tour in Chitwan, famous for wildlife adventure which is another World Heritage Site. In the steamy sub-tropical jungles of Chitwan we enjoy bird-watching and elephant safari also getting acquainted to the tribal culture of the region.
Brief Itinerary: 5 Days Chitwan Kathmandu Tour
Itinerary: 5 Days Chitwan Kathmandu Tour
Day 1 - Welcome to Kathmandu
Once you land at Tribhuvan International airport in Kathmandu our representative will receive you and transfer to the respective hotel. On this day, you can either rest or stroll around the nearby places like Thamel or Durbarmarg. In the evening, our tour guide will give a short brief about the upcoming tour. Finally, in the evening you can stroll around the nearby hotel area and if you have forgotten to bring any outdoor gear you can buy over there
Day 2 - Sightseeing in Kathmandu by Private Car
After breakfast we will take you for a historical and heritage tour of Kathmandu city. A full day sightseeing today in Kathmandu takes you to the amazing heritage sites.
- Swayambhunath popularly known as the monkey temple is situated in the hilltop of Kathmandu. From here you could enjoy the view of the entire Kathmandu valley. This is one of the famous Buddhist religious sites. The main attraction of this place is the world peace pond, swayambhu mahachaitya, stupas, haratima temple.You could enjoy monkey activities on this place.
- Boudha Stupa dominates the skyline and is considered as the biggest Buddhist Stupa in the world which lies in the middle of a beautiful square. Boudha Stupa is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The giant Buddhist shrine is a very important pilgrimage site for Tibetan Buddhist people. The stupa is considered to have been built in the 4th/5th centuries and carries some interesting stories behind its establishment.
- Pashupatinath is a Hindu Temple area where you can see a very unique cremation culture for the Hindu dead people. The temple which is considered as the most important Shiva temple in Nepal is open for Hindus only thus non-Hindu people have to stay outside the temple premises observing the Hindu death rites and rituals. We can encounter some Sadhus, the holy men, around who look so fascinating for photographs. The place is a rich spiritual and cultural source to have an insight on Nepali life and rituals.
Kathmandu Durbar Square
- Kathmandu Durbar Square, is one of three Durbar (royal palace) Squares in the Kathmandu Valley in Nepal, all of which are UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Kathmandu Durbar Square reminds the history of Malla and Shah kings who ruled over the city. Along with these palaces, the square surrounds hindu temples, pagoda style palace i.e. Kumari temple,Gaddi Baithak,Kasthamandap, Black bhairav statue,Nasal chowk, Basantapur Dabali and Taleju Temple.
Day 3 - Drive to Chitwan from Kathmandu
You will be picked up from your hotel by our tour operator and transferred to the tourist bus park at 6am via private vehicle. Then you will take a 5-hour scenic drive to Chitwan-Sauraha, along the banks of the Trishuli and Narayani rivers. Upon arrival you will be greeted at the Chitwan Bus Park and escorted to your lodge to check-in and have a short briefing about the programs of the day.
Day 4 - Sightseeing in Chitwan
After breakfast, you will enjoy a full day of adventure. Taking a canoe ride in the Rapti River, walk through a dense tropical jungle. You will also visit the elephant breeding center and learn about the breeding process and how elephants are taken care of. You will also get a chance to give a little scrub to the elephant during the elephant bathing program at the nearby river. After lunch, we will go on an elephant safari on the back of an elephant to see the endangered one-horned rhinos. You might even get to see Bengal tigers and leopards, among other animals.
In the evening we will visit the Tharu Cultural Museum to experience local tharu culture. The day will be over with buffet dinner served at around 8 pm.
Day 5 - Drive back to Kathmandu
Wake-up early in the morning around 6 AM for bird-watching in the national park.Chitwan attracts the largest number of birds in Nepal, including several endangered species. Later on return back to the hotel where breakfast will be ready. After breakfast we will drive to Kathmandu which can take 5-6 hours or we also have a flight option which will take about 30 min. After reaching Kathmandu you will be escorted to your hotel and you are free to stroll around Thamel or do shopping.
Airport pickup and drop off services
Twin sharing accommodation in a standard hotel in Kathmandu and Lumbini
Breakfast is included in the Hotel
Both way transportation from kathmandu - Lumbini
All entrance and National Park fees
Jungle safari guide during the trip
Activities as per the itinerary
Entry/Admission - Chitwan Tharu Village
Entry/Admission - Chitwan National Park
Travelers insurance - mandatory
All government, Local taxes and official Expenses
A highly experienced, English-speaking tour guide (you can ask for other language tour guide also)
Coverage of Guides meals, insurance, salary, lodging, transportation, flight and other necessary expenses.
A first aid kit and basic supplies appropriate for the group size.
International flights to and from Kathmandu; Nepal visa fees and international airport taxes; any excess baggage charges
Comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation and emergency rescue / evacuation that covers all of the activities you will undertake during your trip should this be required for any reason (we require this as the minimum insurance cover)
Services and activities not mentioned in the detailed itinerary above (eg additional nights, optional trips and personal expenses)
Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu or Lumbini due to early arrival or late departure, early return from the tour.
Personal clothing and gear
All Accommodation and meals in Kathmandu, before and after we start our journey
Personal expenses (eg mineral water/soft drinks/bar bills, entrance/photography fees at monasteries, laundry, telephone calls, postage, donations, extra snacks etc)
Costs incurred due to unforeseen events (eg caused by natural disasters, adverse road conditions / flight delays, labour strikes, fuel shortages, extreme exchange rate changes, etc)
All the costs and expenses which are not listed in "cost includes" will be counted as Excludes
Best Season/Time for 5 Days 4 Night Chitwan Kathmandu Tour
Tourists come year around to the Chitwan National park for having a memorable experience of safari and adventure. The national park has many seasons of weather throughout the year. But the best time for a visit is the dry season and especially the end of the dry season when Bengal tigers, one horn Rhino and other wildlife animals gather around the waterholes.
If you're looking into birds watching then September to November and February to April is the best season to see above 550 species of birds.
List of Equipment for 5 Days 4 Night Chitwan Kathmandu Tour
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Swimming costume – you may need while bathing an Elephant
- Windbreaker or warm jacket for winter
- Insulated Jacket
- Hat for Sun Protection
- Sunglasses & Sun’s cream
- Ponchos & Umbrellas for wet weather (during monsoon season)
During our Chitwan Kathmandu our travelers will be given a standard hotel (star rated hotel or resort) with western style amenities. All your basic and luxury needs will be taken care of by our tour operator.
Documents & permits needed for 5 Days 4 Night Chitwan Kathmandu Tour
A Chitwan National Park tour doesn’t require any documents or but it requires a small national park permit fee
Chitwan National Park Entry Fee (Handling Fee Rs 100 per Ticket)
- National Park Entry Fee - NRs. 150 per day per entry (NEPALI)
- National Park Entry Fee - NRs. 1000 per person per day (SAARC National)
- National Park Entry Fee - NRs. 2000 per person per day (Other National)
- No entry fee for kids below 10 years
Note: It’s necessary to carry a valid passport on the day of travel for Identification purposes.
- Rates are in US dollars
- Prices are valid for your specified time of travel only
- This is only an offer and no reservations have been confirmed
- Prices are subject to availability
- Best Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Special Discount on Group
Need to customize a package?
Tell us what you are looking for
Why Choose Dookma?
Best & Leisure tour packages
Handcrafted best tour destination
1000+ travel experiences
Hassle free booking & cancellation