5 Days Kathmandu & Pokhara Tour Highlights
- Private full-day tour around Kathmandu City
- Mesmerizing views of sunrise from Sarangkot
- Enjoy the views of mountains in Annapurna and Dhaulagiri Range including Machhapuchhre
- Boating on Phewa Lake to reach Tal Barahi temple
- Explore Bat Cave and Mahendra Cave
- Visit Devi's Fall that originates from Phewa lake
- Find yourself at picturesque places very often surrounded by the beauty of nature
About the 5 Days Kathmandu & Pokhara Tour
Pokhara tour is a special tour that helps you to explore the world heritage site and natural beauty of Kathmandu valley and the most beautiful city Pokhara. Pokhara is located nearly 200 km from Kathmandu Valley. It takes nearly 4-5 hours to reach Pokhara from Kathmandu.
Pokhara is the richness of the valley in pure natural beauty. It is indeed one of the main attractions to the visitors from all over the world. The serenity of Phewa Lake and the magnificence summits like Machhapuchhre (Fishtail) (6977m) and the five peaks of Annapurna range rising behind it create an ambience of peace and magic.
Pokhara is a destination where every tourist wants to do multiple holiday activities like sightseeing, visiting Mahendra Cave, paragliding in Sarangkot, rafting, honeymoon tour, boating in lakes (Phewa Lake, Begnas Lake, Rupa Lake, etc.), Fishing and International Mountain Museum.
Brief Itinerary: 5 Days Kathmandu & Pokhara Tour
Itinerary: 5 Days Kathmandu & Pokhara Tour
Day 1 - Welcome to Kathmandu
Once you land at Tribhuvan International airport in Kathmandu our representative will receive you and transfer to the respective hotel. On this day, you can either rest or stroll around the nearby places like Thamel or Durbarmarg. In the evening, our tour guide will give a short brief about the upcoming tour. During the orientation program, you will get a chance to meet your tour guide. Finally, in the evening you can stroll around the nearby hotel area and if you have forgotten to bring any gear you can buy over there.
Day 2 - Sightseeing in Kathmandu by Private Car
After breakfast, we will take you for a historical and heritage tour of Kathmandu city. A full day sightseeing today in Kathmandu takes you to the amazing heritage sites.
- Swayambhunath popularly known as the monkey temple is situated in the hilltop of Kathmandu. From here you could enjoy the view of the entire Kathmandu valley. This is one of the famous Buddhist religious sites. The main attraction of this place is the world peace pond, Swayambhu Mahachaitya, stupas, Haratima temple. You could enjoy monkey activities in this place.
- Boudha Stupa dominates the skyline and is considered as the biggest Buddhist Stupa in the world which lies in the middle of a beautiful square. Boudha Stupa is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The giant Buddhist shrine is a very important pilgrimage site for Tibetan Buddhist people. The stupa is considered to have been built in the 4th/5th centuries and carries some interesting stories behind its establishment.
- Pashupatinath is a Hindu Temple area where you can see a very unique cremation culture for the Hindu dead people. The temple which is considered as the most important Shiva temple in Nepal is open for Hindus only thus non-Hindu people have to stay outside the temple premises observing the Hindu death rites and rituals. We can encounter some Sadhus, the holy men, around who look so fascinating for photographs. The place is a rich spiritual and cultural source to have an insight on Nepali life and rituals.
Kathmandu Durbar Square
- Kathmandu Durbar Square, is one of three Durbar (royal palace) Squares in the Kathmandu Valley in Nepal, all of which are UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Kathmandu Durbar Square reminds the history of Malla and Shah kings who ruled over the city. Along with these palaces, the square surrounds hindu temples, pagoda style palace i.e. Kumari temple,Gaddi Baithak,Kasthamandap, Black bhairav statue,Nasal chowk, Basantapur Dabali and Taleju Temple.
Day 3 - Drive to Pokhara from Kathmandu
The next stop on your tour is Pokhara, a significant tourism destination of Nepal. It is an enhancing city nestled in a tranquil valley, which is also a gateway to the world famous Annapurna Circuit Trail. By driving it takes about 5 to 6 hours to reach Pokhara. Once we reach you will be checked into the hotel. Rest of the day we will visit Phewa Lake and go boating around the lake.
Day 4 - Sightseeing in Pokhara
Today is the most important day of our tour because we will be going to Sarangkot, a major viewpoint to see the Himalayas. Early morning we will drive to Sarangkot to view the magnificent view of the Annapurna range, Machhepuchhre, Himchuli, Manaslu and many others. After the sunrise view we will drive back to the hotel and enjoy our breakfast.
Later, in the afternoon, we will have a sightseeing tour of Pokhara that takes you to Gupteshwor cave, Davis falls, World Peace Stupa, and Mountaineering museum. We will also have some free time in the afternoon to wander around.
Day 5 - Drive back to Kathmandu
Today will be the last day of our trip. After the early breakfast we will checkout from our hotel and drive back to Kathmandu.Although it's a long drive, it will allow us to enjoy more of the diversity of Nepalese landscape, lifestyle and nature. At Kathmandu, we will transfer you to the hotel where you can freshen up and take some rest. After that, you can take a stroll around Thamel and buy some souvenirs.
Airport pickup and drop off services
All accommodation during the tour
Air-conditioned private transportation
All government, Local taxes and official Expenses
A highly experienced, English-speaking tour guide
Farewell dinner at one of the most popular and typical Nepalese restaurant with traditional dance & music
Departure transfer by private vehicle
Food and drinks
All Accommodation and meals in Kathmandu, before and after we start our journey
International flights to and from Kathmandu; Nepal visa fees and international airport taxes; any excess baggage charges
Services and activities not mentioned in the detailed itinerary above (eg additional nights and optional trips)
Additional costs or delays caused by out of management’s control, for example, landslide, weather condition, itinerary modification due to safety concerns, illness, change of government policies, strikes etc.
Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu due to early arrival or late departure, early return from the trek.
Personal expenses (eg mineral water/soft drinks/bar bills, entrance/photography fees at monasteries, laundry, telephone calls, postage, donations, extra snacks etc)
Personal clothing and gear
Travel insurance which has to cover emergency health Issues
Costs incurred due to unforeseen events (eg caused by natural disasters, adverse road conditions / flight delays, labour strikes, fuel shortages, extreme exchange rate changes, etc)
All the costs and expenses which are not listed in "cost includes" will be counted as Excludes
Tips for the guide & driver
Entrance fees to visit UNESCO sites ( Approx 2600.00 NPR per person)
Entry/Admission - Swayambhunath Temple
Entry/Admission - Boudhanath Stupa
Entry/Admission - Pashupatinath Temple
Entry/Admission - Durbar (Central) Square
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Best Season/Time for 5 Days 4 Night Kathmandu & Pokhara Tour
The climate of Pokhara is tropical with mild temperatures all through the year. Even though the city has pleasant and moderate weather conditions throughout the year.
Autumn ( September to November) is considered the best time to visit Pokhara. As it's a peak tourist season with the maximum number of visitors coming during this period. The weather is pleasant and the skies tend to be clear.
During winters, the temperature can go as low as 5 °C while in summers, it can rise as high as 24°C. The most favourable time to plan the trip can also depend on your purpose of visiting. For adventure sports lovers December and January can also be considered to visit here.
List of Equipment for 5 Days 4 Night Kathmandu & Pokhara Tour
- Warm clothes and comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Insulated Jacket
- Hat for Sun Protection
- The outer jacket should be warm, down jacket is highly recommended during winter season
- Bring a pair of warm winter trousers, in addition to the hiking trousers
- Bring at least one windproof layer of clothes
Documents for 5 Days 4 Night Kathmandu & Pokhara Tou
A Pokhara Tour doesn’t require any documents or permits. But it's necessary to carry a valid passport on the day of travel.
- Rates are in US dollars
- Prices are valid for your specified time of travel only
- This is only an offer and no reservations have been confirmed
- Prices are subject to availability
- Best Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Special Discount on Group
Need to customize a package?
Tell us what you are looking for
Why Choose Dookma?
Best & Leisure tour packages
Handcrafted best tour destination
1000+ travel experiences
Hassle free booking & cancellation