4 Days Kathmandu Valley Tour Highlights
- Private full-day tour around Kathmandu City
- Explore world heritage site
- Experience the mixture of Art, history and culture of Kathmandu city.
- Buddhist pilgrimage sites of Boudhanath Stupa and Swayambhunath Stupa in Kathmandu valley
- Explore the Hindu temple at Pashupatinath and watchout the Hindu cremation
About the 4 Days Kathmandu Valley Tour
This 4 Days 3 Night tour package of Kathmandu valley covers all the major cities in Kathmandu Valley like Kathmandu, Bhaktapur, Patan & Nagarkot. Kathmandu Valley Tour offers you to visit different heritage sites in Kathmandu valley with our one of well experienced tour guides. This package includes several UNESCO world heritage sites located in Kathmandu, such as: Kathmandu Durbar Square, Bhaktapur Durbar Square, Patan Durbar Square, Swayambhunath, Pashupatinath temple and Bouddhanath Stupa. All these historical places carry an importance and play a vital role in the history of Nepal.
Brief Itinerary: 4 Days Kathmandu Valley Tour
Itinerary: 4 Days Kathmandu Valley Tour
Day 1 - Welcome to Kathmandu
Once you land at Tribhuvan International airport in Kathmandu our representative will receive you and transfer to the respective hotel. On this day, you can either rest or stroll around the nearby places like Thamel or Durbarmarg. In the evening, our tour guide will give a short brief about the upcoming tour. During the orientation program, you will get a chance to meet your tour guide. Finally, in the evening you can stroll around the nearby hotel area and if you have forgotten to bring any gear you can buy over there.
Day 2 - Sightseeing in Kathmandu by Private Car
After breakfast, we will take you for a historical and heritage tour of Kathmandu city. A full day sightseeing today in Kathmandu takes you to the amazing heritage sites.
- Swayambhunath popularly known as the monkey temple is situated in the hilltop of Kathmandu. From here you could enjoy the view of the entire Kathmandu valley. This is one of the famous Buddhist religious sites. The main attraction of this place is the world peace pond, Swayambhu Mahachaitya, Stupas, Haratima temple. You could enjoy monkey activities in this place.
- Boudha Stupa dominates the skyline and is considered as the biggest Buddhist Stupa in the world which lies in the middle of a beautiful square. Boudha Stupa is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The giant Buddhist shrine is a very important pilgrimage site for Tibetan Buddhist people. The stupa is considered to have been built in the 4th/5th centuries and carries some interesting stories behind its establishment.
- Pashupatinath is a Hindu Temple area where you can see a very unique cremation culture for the Hindu dead people. The temple which is considered as the most important Shiva temple in Nepal is open for Hindus only thus non-Hindu people have to stay outside the temple premises observing the Hindu death rites and rituals. We can encounter some Sadhus, the holy men, around who look so fascinating for photographs. The place is a rich spiritual and cultural source to have an insight on Nepali life and rituals.
Kathmandu Durbar Square
- Kathmandu Durbar Square is one of three Durbar (royal palace) Squares in the Kathmandu Valley in Nepal, all of which are UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Kathmandu Durbar Square reminds the history of Malla and Shah kings who ruled over the city. Along with these palaces, the square surrounds Hindu temples, pagoda-style palace i.e. Kumari temple, Gaddi Baithak, Kasthamandap, Black Bhairav statue, Nasal Chowk, Basantapur Dabali and Taleju Temple.
Day 3 - Drive to Changunarayan temple and to Nagarkot
After breakfast, we will drive to Changunarayan Temple which is listed by UNESCO as a world heritage site. The ancient Hindu temple of Changu Narayan is located on a high hilltop that is also known as Changu. This shrine is dedicated to Lord Visnu and held in special reverence by the Hindu people. This temple is considered to be the oldest temple in the history of Nepal. We will tour around the temple and afterwards head towards Nagarkot.
Nagarkot is located 25 miles east of Kathmandu, Nepal. It is on the northeastern rim of the Kathmandu Valley at an elevation of 6,800 feet above sea level. It is the most scenic spot renowned for its sunrise & sunset views of the Himalayas. You can see Mount Everest with its snow-capped peaks from an observation tower. Overnight in Nagarkot Hotel.
Day 4 - Sightseeing in Bhaktapur & Patan
Today our day will be interesting. We will wake up early in the morning to enjoy the Breathtaking Sunrise View as well as a 360º view of the scenery from the Lookout Tower. Nagarkot is a famous place to view the Mount Everest as well as other snow-capped peaks of the Himalayan range of eastern Nepal.
After enjoying the view we will have breakfast & drive towards Bhaktapur which is another UNESCO world heritage sites.We also visit Bhaktapur, an irresistible city with an authentic local lifestyle preserved over centuries of isolation from modernization. In the Bhaktapur durbar square, we get to admire the Nyata-Pola Temple, the Golden Gate, water spouts and the 55 Window Palace.
After a few hours of excursion around the Bhaktapur Durbar Square we will move to our final destination Patan city. Patan is the temple city of Nepal where you will see the many temples, Mahabudhha , Golden temple etc. Overnight at a hotel in kathmandu.
Airport pickup and drop off services
All accommodation during the tour
Air-conditioned private transportation.
All government, Local taxes and official Expenses
A highly experienced, English-speaking tour guide
Farewell dinner at one of the most popular and typical Nepalese restaurant with traditional dance & music
Departure transfer by private vehicle
Food and drinks
International flights to and from Kathmandu; Nepal visa fees and international airport taxes; any excess baggage charges
Services and activities not mentioned in the detailed itinerary above (eg additional nights and optional trips)
Additional costs or delays caused by out of management control, for example, landslide, weather condition, itinerary modification due to safety concerns, illness, change of government policies, strikes etc.
Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu due to early arrival or late departure, early return from the trek.
Personal expenses (eg mineral water/soft drinks/bar bills, entrance/photography fees at monasteries, laundry, telephone calls, postage, donations, extra snacks etc)
Personal clothing and gear
Travel insurance which has to cover emergency health Issues
Costs incurred due to unforeseen events (eg caused by natural disasters, adverse road conditions / flight delays, labour strikes, fuel shortages, extreme exchange rate changes, etc)
All the costs and expenses which are not listed in "cost includes" will be counted as Excludes
Tips for the guide & driver
Entrance fees to visit UNESCO sites ( Approx 2600.00 NPR per person)
Entry/Admission - Swayambhunath Temple
Entry/Admission - Boudhanath Stupa
Entry/Admission - Pashupatinath Temple
Entry/Admission - Durbar (Central) Square
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Best Season/Time for 4 Days 3 Night Kathmandu Valley Tour
Kathmandu valley tour can be done throughout the year as it's a year around season trip. But Autumn (September, October & November) is considered as the best time to visit in Kathmandu & overall Nepal. Also September to November is a peak tourist time & also a festive season which allows tourists to get familiar with Nepal culture.
List of Equipment for 4 Days 3 Night Kathmandu Valley Tour
- Warm clothes and comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Insulated Jacket
- Hat for Sun Protection
Documents for 4 Days 3 Night Kathmandu Valley Tour
A Kathmandu valley tour doesn’t require any documents or permits. But it's necessary to carry a valid passport on the day of travel
- Rates are in US dollars
- Prices are valid for your specified time of travel only
- This is only an offer and no reservations have been confirmed
- Prices are subject to availability
- Best Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Special Discount on Group
Need to customize a package?
Tell us what you are looking for
Why Choose Dookma?
Best & Leisure tour packages
Handcrafted best tour destination
1000+ travel experiences
Hassle free booking & cancellation